Sunday, January 18, 2009

I *had* a dream....

I was asked to drive a city bus. My family was surprised, but otherwise supportive. Somehow, I got behind the wheel and was driving along Rivers Avenue. I did rather well until near the Whipper Barony area (across from Burger King). I had started speeding, only to cause the bus to careen off Rivers and land somewhere. I exited the bus and--using a lever--flipped the bus in an attempt to get it on its wheels; I only succeeded in turning the bus upside-down.

Miraculously, no one was hurt--somehow the commuter bus had seatbelts on it. Passengers hung upside-down (due to the above-mentioned state of the bus). No one was angry, though there was some fun-poking at my expense. A woman volunteered to drive the bus on Monday, and I was to drive again on Tuesday.

Surreal. No one asked--once--about my driver's license (which I don't currently have), about my CDL, or even if I was a bus driver.

Below is my pitiful interpretation.

We elected one of the most unqualified inviduals in the United States to be our President. His greatest skill is being elected to public office, then doing nothing except campaigning for higher public office.

Yet, somehow, we'll be okay in spite of our own stupidity. We may even re-elect the idiot, and we'll still be fine.

Someone smarter and wiser than us installed seatbelts.

No comments: